Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit, either. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman



Thursday, July 7, 2011

And just like that, I'm knitting again

I go where my crafting whims take me. Hence, I'm currently back to knitting. The older son is traveling to south Florida with his Grammy in a couple of weeks, to visit with my brother's family. I had already planned on making a shawl for my sister-in-law, so I decided I'd try to finish it in time for them to take it with them.

The shawl I'm making, appropriately enough, is the Miami Beach Shawl (Ravelry link here), a free pattern available through the Cascade Yarns website (here, center third row). I'm using Knit Picks Comfy Sport, color Marlin - a pretty, soft teal.

Also received my Fabric.com order this morning. I'm a bit disappointed in the Amy Butler fabric I chose for the exterior of my handbag. The background turns out to be a lighter, greenish brown, not the dark chocolate it appears in the photo. Oh, well. That's a hazard of buying online, I suppose. I'll give it a couple of days to consider whether I still like it enough to make it, or whether I'd rather order a different print.

I still haven't done the buttonholes on the Hawaiian shirt. I tried one but I was having trouble and threw up my hands. I'll try again sometime soon, when I'm feeling more confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment